Kharafi National is an Operational Investor undertaking investment, design, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and facilities management services as well as a leading multi-discipline general contractor and facilities management services provider to the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power, Water, Wastewater Commercial and Industrial sectors in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
The success of build-operate-transfer (BOT), build-operate-own (BOO) and public-private partnership (PPP) approaches has turned the traditional contractor’s role from a service provider to a business partner in the operation of an enterprise.
At Kharafi National, we strongly believe in the value of co-operation and in developing strategic partnerships with leading technology providers across the globe in order to deliver value-added services to our clients in each discipline and industry in which we are active.
This enables our clients to have access to global technology coupled with local service competence and enhanced response times, satisfying their needs for quality services and ultimately contributing to the overall performance, availability and efficiency of their plants.
Kharafi National is a preferred regional general contractor involved in several major construction projects, providing a complete range of construction services for heavy industrial plants in various sectors.
Kharafi National Facilities Management (FM) Operations provide customized solutions that meet both the regular and the special needs of each client and take fiduciary responsibility for protecting and prolonging the lifespan of their major capital investments.
We believe that every facility is unique and we treat each one with individual care and attention.
Our systems and procedures not only improve on standard practice but achieve best results thanks to innovation systems and pioneering solutions that fit our customers’ requirements and exceed their expectations.
Our FM Operations integrate all the functions needed to support the daily operations of a facility and provide a one-stop source for quality design, operation and maintenance by offering a truly comprehensive range of Transformational Facilities Management services and recommendations to improve both productivity and risk management – right from the inception of a project.
Since it was established in 1976 Kharafi National has developed from a local contracting company into a world-class pan-Arabian Infrastructure Project Developer, Contractor and Facilities Management Service Provider capable to undertake a wide range of challenging projects.
Today Kharafi National is an international, multi-disciplined company with diversified operations in:
- Infrastructure Project Development – the development, financing, management, operation and maintenance of major BOT, BOO, and PPP infrastructural projects;
- EPC – engineering, procurement and construction in the water, power, infrastructure, environment and building services sectors;
- Construction – construction services in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, power, water and related sectors;
- Facilities Management – the management, operation and maintenance of commercial complexes, industrial plants and power installations; and
- Fabrication Services – the fabrication of process equipment and heavy structures for the industrial and civil construction sectors.
Kharafi National’s multi-faceted organization contains all the disciplines – civil, HVAC, mechanical and electrical engineering, instrumentation systems, telecommunications, quality assurance and control processes, and health, safety and environment procedures – required to deliver a broad range of development and contracting services to the petroleum, chemical, power, water and commercial industries in the Middle East and Africa.
During its first four decades the company grew steadily. Kharafi National now has:
- a multi-national workforce of over 22,700 of whom some 11-13% are managers, engineers, superintendents, technical and clerical staff
- a fleet of company-owned heavy construction equipment exceeding 6,100 units.
- its own fabrication facilities for piping, structural steel, pressure vessels, skids and packages that meet ASME standards; and solid relationships with the most prominent international EPC firms and clients in the region.
Kharafi National is an ISO 9001:2008 company and operates in full compliance with ISO quality assurance systems and procedures.
Our commitment to excellence has made Kharafi National the region’s most successful developer of infrastructure project and integrated contractor with an undisputed reputation for quality, safety as well as timely delivery. The company’s project list includes some of the most prestigious corporations and public institutions in the region.